Pin Grading Policy
The quality of my pins are very important to me, and I strive to provide the best quality possible. With that said, realistically, no pin will be perfect and every batch/design is different. The reason these pins cannot be perfect is that they are handmade items that have natural variations and slight flaws that occur during every production process. A lot of time/energy is put into the production and grading of these pins. Please read below for more details my grading standards.
A grades are the best of the batch for the particular design. If there is a minor imperfection that is across more than 20% of the batch, that will be considered part of the standard grade for that design/batch. No major defects will be considered standard. A-grades may exhibit very minor imperfections that can be seen under close inspection.
- Stray glitter
- Wiggly posts
- Low-fill or very slight overfill of enamel in small areas
- Slightly misaligned screen printing
- Small traces of random debris (dust, fuzz, etc.)
- Small amount of tiny bubbles in enamel, glitter or epoxy coating
- Light scuffing, scratches, dents, enamel bleeding
- Slight discoloration and imperfections in/on the metal plating on the sides and /or back of the pin
- Minor enamel miscoloration
- Small areas of thickened Metal lines that reduces or removes visibility of small enamel fill spots from original design.
Noticeable minor defects, however, very close to being Standard grade pin.
- Moving posts
- Low-fill or overfill/spillover of enamel in large areas
- Chipped metal plating
- Discoloration or staining
- Missing enamel or plating
- Wrong enamel fill colors
- Large dents, divots, scratches
- Missing or badly printed screen printing
- Excessive bubbles, scratches, dents, divots
- Foreign materials embedded in enamel, glitter or epoxy
- Lightly discolored / tarnished plating
- Scratched or medium-largely misaligned screen printing
Very visible multiple minor and / or major defects. Perfect for those on a budget. In addition to defects mentioned above, C grades may also have...
- Missing posts
- Heavily Discolored / tarnished plating
*By purchasing from Teal Teacup you agree to these conditions. Thank you.
The design I want is out of stock! Will it be restocked?
Possibly! To manage my shipping cadence, pins will be stocked in limited quantity "waves", meaning a small amount of the stock will be available online for a short period of time. BUT, they may run out at any given wave, and only get restocked if they are at high demand. So get it while you can! I will announce restock date/times and low-stock listings via IG @TealTeacup.
Is there a way to fix a bent pin post?
Yes! Place a rubber clutch on the pin post, then gently (and SLOWLY) push the needle back in place. A pair of pliers would work well too. If the post is wobbly a little super glue should help.