Pin Grading Policy
The quality of my pins are very important to me, and I strive to provide the best quality possible. With that said, realistically, no pin will be perfect and every batch/design is different. The reason these pins cannot be perfect is that they are handmade items that have natural variations and slight flaws that occur during every production process. A lot of time/energy is put into the production and grading of these pins. Please read below for more details my grading standards.
A grades are the best of the batch for the particular design. If there is a minor imperfection that is across more than 20% of the batch, that will be considered part of the standard grade for that design/batch. No major defects will be considered standard. A-grades may exhibit very minor imperfections that can be seen under close inspection.
- Stray glitter
- Wiggly posts
- Low-fill or very slight overfill of enamel in small areas
- Slightly misaligned screen printing
- Small traces of random debris (dust, fuzz, etc.)
- Small amount of tiny bubbles in enamel, glitter or epoxy coating
- Light scuffing, scratches, dents, enamel bleeding
- Slight discoloration and imperfections in/on the metal plating on the sides and /or back of the pin
- Minor enamel miscoloration
- Small areas of thickened Metal lines that reduces or removes visibility of small enamel fill spots from original design.
- ***Hard enamel pins with large areas of metal are more likely to have small scratches or scuffs that normally occur during the polishing process.
Noticeable minor defects, however, very close to being Standard grade pin.
- Moving posts
- Low-fill or overfill/spillover of enamel in large areas
- Chipped metal plating
- Discoloration or staining
- Missing enamel or plating
- Wrong enamel fill colors
- Large dents, divots, scratches
- Missing or badly printed screen printing
- Excessive bubbles, scratches, dents, divots
- Foreign materials embedded in enamel, glitter or epoxy
- Lightly discolored / tarnished plating
- Scratched or medium-largely misaligned screen printing
Very visible multiple minor and / or major defects. Perfect for those on a budget. In addition to defects mentioned above, C grades may also have...
- Missing posts
- Heavily Discolored / tarnished plating
*By purchasing from Teal Teacup you agree to these conditions. Thank you.
The design I want is out of stock! Will it be restocked?
Possibly! To manage my shipping cadence, pins will be stocked in limited quantity "waves", meaning a small amount of the stock will be available online for a short period of time. BUT, they may run out at any given wave, and only get restocked if they are at high demand. So get it while you can! I will announce restock date/times and low-stock listings via IG @TealTeacup.
Is there a way to fix a bent pin post?
Yes! Place a rubber clutch on the pin post, then gently (and SLOWLY) push the needle back in place. A pair of pliers would work well too. If the post is wobbly a little super glue should help.